How it Works (Terms of Service below)
Register & Shop when the store is open
- E-transfers are the only accepted form of payment.
- If possible, the name on your account, and the name on your e-transfer payment should match.
- The store will not let you add items while it's closed.
- The store opens each week at exactly 12 noon Tuesday and closes at 8pm Thursday. Orders are put together for pick up and delivery the following Sunday.
Select a Pick-up Time or Delivery Request
**NEW** Pick-up Times are between 9:30am-1:30pm. All deliveries take place between 1:30-3:30pm.
Add your Pick-up Time (or Delivery Request) at the top of the SHOP page.
Add your Pick-up Time (or Delivery Request) to your cart, just like all the other products in the store.
To make sure you did it correctly, your selected Pick-up Time (or Delivery Request) should appear at the top of the items in your cart.
- PICK-UP TIME F.A.Q.
- Stuck? Watch this little tutorial video we made
- Need to change your time?
- You can do this yourself while the store is still open...
- First, remove your existing time from your order.
- Then go back to the SHOP page and add a new one.
- Still stuck? Call Emma at 613.572.7059
- DELIVERY F.A.Q.
- We have a limited number of delivery spots are available each week.
- Please try to recruit a market buddy to pick-up your order for you. Many customers pair up in this way.
If that's not possible, you may qualify for free delivery!
- Deliveries are offered by volunteers to ensure the online market is accessible to all. It is meant for those who can't access the market any other way. You do not need to tell us the reason for why you are requesting delivery.
- The following are examples of situations that DO qualify for delivery:
- Mobility/Health: "my body prevents me from being able to pick up in person"
- Family Care: "I am unable to leave the house due to caring for a family member"
- Financial: "I can't afford the transportation cost to pick up my order."
- Sunday Workers: "I always work Sundays and can't find anyone to pick up for me."
- Sudden Emergency: These requests must go through Emma Barken before 1pm Sunday by phone at 613.572.7059
Shop & Confirm your Order
Some items are more popular than others!
The cart will not hold an item for you until you click the "Confirm Order" button.
- If an item shows as "0" quantity in your cart, that means it was sold out before you could click "Confirm Order"
- For this reason, feel free to "Confirm" right away once you have your most important items selected.
- When you're finished shopping for the week, click "Resend Confirmation" to get the correct total sent to your e-mail.
BUT REMEMBER! a "Confirmed" order is a commitment to pay for and pick up your order.
- Please do not add items to your cart that might be removed later.
- If you need to cancel your order, you MUST do so before 7pm Thursday to give others a chance to snap up your unwanted items before the store closes at 8pm.
- There is a "Cancel Order" button at the bottom of your cart. The system will not allow you to cancel an order after the store closes.
PAYMENT via Interac E-transfer is due immediately.
- Send payment to "MCFM" using the e-mail address email@example.com
- You should NOT be asked to create a security password.
- When setting up payment the first time, be SURE to double check the spelling of our e-mail address
- It may take up to 24 hours for us to receive the payment and mark your order as paid.
- If the ACCOUNT NAME and E-TRANSFER names don't match, please put the Order Number or Customer Name in your e-transfer notes.
- Pick-up your order at the barns located in the west parking lot of the Kingston Memorial Centre, 303 York St.
- A pick-up reminder notice with up-to-date Health & Safety Procedures is sent out on Fridays.
- Your order will arrive between 1:30 and 3:30pm Sunday. If you will not be home, please leave detailed instructions in your order notes.
Check over your items right away when you get home!
MISSING or DAMAGED ITEMS?
- Before 2pm Sunday: call or text Emma at 613.572.7059 right away, as may be able to deliver your missing item.
- After 2pm Sunday: e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you get it fixed.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Although we have taken every preventative measure possible, with your safety in mind, please wash your hands immediately when you get home, then wash and/or sanitize your items before you put them away.
TERMS OF SERVICE
- Each order you place is a legally enforceable contract.
- If you fail to pickup your order, you are still obligated to pay for the items you order.
- We will inspect and pack all orders prior to distribution.
- In the event that product gets damaged during packing, we will replace that item, provided that the damaged goods are returned.
- Our goal is to provide the highest quality products, and we require our producers to deliver market-grade products.